3. POD sites: How to NOT get BANNED?
Updated: May 8
"This post might include affiliate links, cause I need to pay my bills."
Now you can enjoy our blog posts as podcasts - Missinginart BlogCast
Yes, you read it right. You can get banned. Don’t worry it won’t happen if you follow a couple of things.
1. First, make sure you are using your own designs and not someone else’s artwork unless you have their permission to use it.
Also stay away from Disney characters, cartoons, famous games, famous movies, actors, music, musicians…. They are protected by trademark or copyright, and you can get sued for using their logos, slogans, color palettes, designs, characters unless you buy their license agreement.
To be on the safe side, I wouldn’t use it. PERIOD.
There are multiple people saying you can use free Canva images to make designs and sell it on POD sites. Some designs yes, others no. Before you use it make sure it is allowed for commercial use without attribution.
Other people are using Creative Fabrica and other sites like this where they buy designs in bulk and reuse them in their own designs or get free images from Pixabay. Also, make sure that before you post your product online for sale that you are allowed to re-sell or sell them commercially and in unlimited quantities. Because some products from Creative Fabrica have a limitation on their license. For example, you are allowed to sell only 50 copies of that product, then you need to buy the license again or you have to credit the original artist in your designs.
2. Second DON’T go to Google or Pinterest and search for images there, they are most likely copyrighted and protected with trademark, and you’ll get your store shut down and your ass sued. Just don’t. You can use these two platforms as inspiration and research to see what others are designing but don’t copy.
Before you use an image from Google or any other website, make sure they have these two things - free commercial use and no attribution required.
3. Third DON’T use brand names or certain words or famous phrases they are most likely TRADEMARKED. Before you use a saying, a phrase, a quote or just a word look it up online if it is not protected. You can research trademarks HERE
(side note: if the word you searched is currently inactive but still trademarked, DON’T use it)
4. Forth quality over quantity, don’t post designs that are poorly made or too many designs in one day. Having thousands of designs will not increase your chances of earnings if your titles, keywords, descriptions, and ultimately the design itself is not on point or if they are not relevant to the niche your store is in.
Yes, it is good that you bring a variety with your designs, so the customers have multiple choices, but don’t overdo it. Posting over 50 designs on one site every day will get your account banned and shut down and to be completely honest, at this point you’re losing the quality in your designs. 5 to 10 every second or third day, max 20 is the best way to go.
I usually post 5 to 20 in a week, because I spend 4 days researching trends, keywords, what is selling, creating the designs, making sure they are completely mine, and then posting them online.
These 4 points are the most important ones you need to be aware of and make sure you don’t do them. Other than that, you’re good to go….